1 cup red beans soaked in 3 cups of water overnight (this will make it little more than 2 cups).
1 medium size onion finely chopped
3 medium size tomatoes finely chopped
1 ½ tsp MDH Rajma Masala
½ tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
¼ tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp salt (or to taste)
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
4 tsp oil
2 tsp chopped coriander (to garnish)
For tomato puree:
Take ¾ of chopped tomato and ¼ of chopped onion. Add ¼ tsp salt. Use a processor to grind and blend well.
- Cook soaked red beans with water for 20 minutes, or till tender. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add oil. When oil heats up add mustard seeds and cover the pan. Let mustard seeds splitters.
- Add cumin seeds. When brown add remaining of the chopped onion and cover pan. Allow the onion to cook till slightly brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Stir; let fry for ½ a minute.
- Add remaining chopped tomato to pan and fry till tomato is tender.
- Add salt, turmeric, chilli and MDH Rajma Masala powder. Stir; let fry for ½ a minute.
- Add cooked red beans. Add tomato puree and stir well and cover pan.
- While letting the mixture cook for 10-15 minutes, give a stir once or twice.
- Give it a boil and remove from heat. Set it aside to cool for 5 minutes and pour in serving bowl. Sprinkle coriander for garnish.
- Serve warm with steamed rice.